Perth is hosting the first ever Australian based Spartan Asia Pacific Series Championships in November 2017. The Spartan APAC Series Championship event will feature athletes from across nine Asian territories, the USA and Europe, as well as New Zealand and all Australian states and territories – it will be the pinnacle of obstacle racing in this part of the world.
We have created a University Challenge as part of the event and invite athletes from universities across Australia and locally in WA, to participate in an inter-University competition, which will include individual races and a team competition.
This event is open to athletes of all abilities and levels and the University Challenge will reward all students who participate with benefits such as:
- A unique registration promo code and 20% discounted student price for all university students who enter as part of their Uni team
- Provide access to a unique APAC training program.
- Conduct a special “University Challenge” pre-event workout in Perth
- A special university student function during the APAC Championships
- A Project Manager will lead this initiative on a daily basis
- All runners will receive a unique Spartan Race medal, T-Shirt and drink.
University teams will compete over a 7km, Ninja Warrior inspired course with over 20 amazing obstacles. Teamwork will be key and mud is guaranteed! There will be awards for:
- Fastest University Team – there’s no limit to team size, and the fastest 5 male and 5 female finish times from each team go towards the overall team time and will receive the Spartan Race University Challenge Trophy
- Fastest 3 male & female student racers – will receive an award, a complimentary elite entry to one 2018 Australian Spartan Race and a travel voucher ($300/$200/$100)
- Biggest University Team – size matters, the team with the most members will take home bragging rights and the official Biggest University Team trophy.
We will provide tailored marketing collateral and material for distribution at participating universities – this will include digital material for distribution.